Thursday 21 May 2015

4. Digital Etiquette

Digital Code of Conduct

Acting Responsibly in the digital world
I will act with integrity

Respect yourself:

I will interact with people online without disregarding my values. 
I will not diminish my name by posting inappropriate content. 

Respect others:  

I will not spread rumors. 
I will not take someone else's work and claim it as my own (commit plagiarism).

Protect the School: 
I will not bad mouth or speak negative of my school online or in any way possible.

General Online Etiquette:
Check before posting any content that it is appropriate and will not offend anyone.
Avoid potential misunderstandings by making your point clear and leaving out jokes or humor as it can be misinterpreted. 
Don't spam (send the same message multiple times). 
Don't shout online. This is done by using all capital letters. 
Respect peoples privacy. 

Punishment if this Code of Conduct is not obeyed, is a follows:

1. Meeting with the headmaster.
2. A letter will be sent to your parents concerning your actions. 
3. A meeting with all people concerned including HODs, parents and teachers will be held to discuss suspension/expulsion depending on the context. 

 


We have people that are on the look out for inappropriate behaviour online. It is in your best interest to abide by the rules. 


Signature ______________

Referencing: Examples of Good Netiquette – Cybersmile. 2015. Examples of Good Netiquette – Cybersmile. [ONLINE] Available at: http://www.cybersmile.org/advice-help/category/examples-of-good-netiquette. [Accessed 19 May 2015].

Respect Yourself | Warwickshire. 2015. Respect Yourself | Warwickshire. [ONLINE] Available at: http://www.respectyourself.info/. [Accessed 19 May 2015].

www.eduulearn.weebly.com for more info. 

No comments:

Post a Comment